How to create a torrent
There are three ways that I know of to start off the process of creating and seeding a brand new Torrent in KTorrent (Version 3.2.4 being the version which I personally use at the moment, but 4.x should be pretty much the same I'd guess).
- Press [Ctrl [N]] to execute New Torrent.
- Click the button New in the toolbar.
- Select command New from the File menu.
Upon doing one of these three things, a Create a Torrent dialog box should pop up. At this point, for the average Torrent it should be as simple as
- entering a path to a file or folder in the first text field (or using the file requester at the right end of it to select one graphically),
- adding a tracker URL, e.g. to OpenBitTorrent,
- and then clicking the "OK" button at the bottom of the window to begin seeding the Torrent.
There are other options in the dialog window which affect the operation of the Torrent in various ways, but it's a bit late here where I am at, and I don't much feel like going into further detail right now, as this should be quite enough information to get the average user started. As this IS a wiki, other folk should feel free to go ahead and add to/improve upon this explanation as they see fit anyhow. :)
--TSK 04:07, 14 January 2010 (EST)