After many months of work, ktorrent 3.2 is finally out. Several bugs have been fixed since the 3.2rc1 release.
The 3.2 release is a major improvement over the 3.1 series, with a lot of improvements and bugfixes, 3 new plugins and memory and CPU usage reductions.
To download this release click here
KTorrent 3.2 is nearing completion, the final release before 3.2 brings many improvements and bugfixes:
- Several memory leaks have been fixed
- CPU usage has been reduced
- The queue manager has been revamped
- Fixed a bug causing download speed to get stuck at 128 KB/s with small chunks
- Moving files when the torrents is complete, now happens after the data check when the torrent is complete
- The webgui has been revamped, PHP is ditched in favor of a HTML and AJAX approach
For full details, take a look at the ChangeLog. Source code for the new release can be found here.
The last bugfix release in the 3.1 series is out, this includes bugfixes done in the last two months. The most notable fixes are :
- A deadlock in the downloading code
- A fix for group policy which didn't get applied when using drag and drop
- Log rotating at startup showing progress information
- UPnP port binding being exclusive, blocking any other program from using UPnP
- Non optimum speed bug when the torrent has a small chunk size
The source code can be found here.
Update: Package has been updated, a small bugfix, which should have been included in the first package, was forgotten. The new package now contains this bugfix.
Update 2: It seems some people are having trouble compiling on KDE 4.2, this is now fixed, and the package has been updated.
After many months of work, the first beta for the 3.2 release is out. This is major release adding 3 new plugins, a plasma applet and some major improvements. Amongst the many improvements are :
- Kross based scripting plugin
- Syndication plugin supporting RSS and Atom feeds
- Plugin to control the file download order of a multifile torrent
- Redesign of chunk memory management, resulting in a significant decrease in memory usage
- Plasma applet to monitor torrents on your desktop
- Performance improvements when handling torrents with a lot of files
- And many smaller features ...
The source code can be found here.
Another bugfix release in the 3.1 series is out. This release fixes several minor issues and one nasty crash caused by a Qt bug. People experiencing sporadic crashes should upgrade to 3.1.5.
The source code can be found here: ktorrent-3.1.5.tar.bz2
We have backported the security fixes for the webinterface plugin in 3.1.4 to the 2.2 series, which leads to the release of 2.2.8. This is the final release for KDE3, no more releases will be made for it, not even security fixes.
Another bugfix release for the 3.1 series is out. This fixes several bugs :
- A crash caused by a SIGBUS, when diskspace preallocation is disabled
- High CPU usage when DNS lookups fail in the UDP tracker code
- Several security issues in the webinterface plugin
Packages can be found on the downloads page
A new bugfix release for the 3.1 series is out. Several crashes were fixed, the webgui login has been made more secure, the webseed speed calculation has been fixed, and many more fixes have been done. For more details take a look at the ChangeLog. The source code can be found here.
Update: the package has been updated to fix a compile error with Qt 4.4.2
Rejoice, for ktorrent has a new website !
The second bugfix release for 3.1 is out. The most notable fixes are a problem which can cause a lot of memory usage, several crashes, and a bug in the file deselection code. The performance of the GUI and the downloading code has also been improved.
Source code can be found here.